Y.K. Almoayyed & Sons (YKA) Heavy Equipment division, the exclusive dealer for Iveco range of commercial vehicles, was recently conferred with a Special Award by Iveco for ‘Best Premises Improvement in 2016’ for its state of the art Heavy Equipment Service Centre. It was awarded among all the dealers of Iveco in Middle East & Africa.
The award was presented by Andrea Macari Ban – Head of Technical Support in presence of Shriram Hebbar – In-charge for Middle East and Robert Dalponte – In-charge for Africa (all from Iveco) to K. Jayadev Menon – Head of Service for Heavy Equipment at YKA.
The high-tech service centre was inaugurated in early 2016 at a purpose built facility located in the Sitra Industrial Area and some of its key features include:
- Spread across an area of 22,000 SqM
- 36 Repair Bays
- 4 Dedicated Track Equipment Bays
- 4 Washing Bays with 20T Hydraulic Lifts
- Full Fledged Crash Reconstruction Facility with 2 Integrated Benches
- 18 M long Paint Spray and Bake Booth
- Heavy Vehicle Test Lane with Roller Brake Tester
- Full-fledged Machine Shop for all Engine M/C Works
- Fuel Injection Repair Facilities
- Latest Computerized Diagnostics for Trucks
- Computerized Wheel Alignment, up to 6 Axles Simultaneously
- Tyre Repair and Balancing Facilities
- 600 SqM Specialized Air Conditioned Area for Engine and Unit Overhauls
- Spare Parts Store stocking all required items.
In addition to routine servicing, the facility handles, major unit overhauls, specialized modification and installation jobs and offers ancillary services such as a full fledged machine shop for crank grinding and block boring, overhauling and calibration of diesel fuel pumps, and injectors and many more.